Are you sure, you would like to make this page as a Homepage for Sterling website?
Trusteer Rapport Software
Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that protects your online banking communication from being stolen by criminals. By protecting your internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank’s online website, Rapport blocks malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to your bank online, Rapport does 3 main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
1. Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the bank’s genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it’s not obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your bank’s address into your web browser
2. Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank.
3. Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions.
Available at No Cost to You
Trusteer Rapport is available to you at no charge! Your bank covers all costs associated with the development, maintenance and support of Trusteer Rapport.
Easy to Use
Rapport is very easy to download and use. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Click the “Download Rapport” button to the right for either PC or MAC to install it on your computer. It only takes a couple of minutes.
2. Complete the installation process by following the instructions as prompted. There’s no need to restart your computer once the process is complete.
3. Once installed, a small Rapport icon will appear next to your browser’s address bar. This icon is green when you are on a website protected by Rapport, and grey when you are on a website that is not protected by Rapport. The icon is for your information only and does not require any action from your end.
4. When you first log onto your bank account after installing Rapport, you will see a message asking you to approve the protection of your online banking login information. From that point on, Rapport works in the background and only pops up if a security risk is identified.