As previously communicated, we transitioned your current accounts and services to one unified system over the weekend of August 11-12, 2018. As a result, we have implemented enhanced security measures so you will need to complete the two-step authentication process for your first login on or after August 13.
Log in to SterlingConnect
To log in to SterlingConnect, visit sterlingconnect.com and use your Username and the new Password you created during enrollment. Once logged in to SterlingConnect, you’ll have access to your new Sterling e-Treasury Online Banking, without a separate login. Go to the Applications menu and click e-Treasury.
If you haven’t already done so, enroll in SterlingConnect by entering the Username and Temporary Password that we previously mailed you in two communications or use the self-service features of “Forgot Username?” and “Forgot Password?” available on the SterlingConnect homepage.
To complete your digital banking transition, be sure to:
- Verify that the following have transferred automatically:
- Future-dated bill payments
- Bill Pay payees
- Checks outstanding for two years or less (for Positive Pay clients)
- This year’s transaction history
- Wire/ACH templates
- Re-establish the following as needed:
- Enter one time and recurring internal transfer orders under Payments & Transfers > Account Transfer
- Enter one time and recurring wire orders under Payments & Transfers > Wire Transfer
- Enter one time and recurring ACH orders under Payments & Transfers > ACH Payments
- Enroll for eBills under the Payment Center
- Enter the Bill Pay payee nicknames you’d like on your accounts
- Enroll for automated email and/or text account alerts
- For QuickBooks WebConnect, QuickBooks Online and Mint users, reactivate your account as outlined in the guides provided on the Conversion Resources page
- Enroll in Mobile Banking
For existing mobile banking users:
- Uninstall your current Sterling AB Business Mobile app, then download and install the Sterling e-Treasury Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet from the App store or on Google Play.
- For additional details about first-time mobile login instructions, click here.
- Note that there is a $10,000 limit on mobile check deposits.