What is Popmoney®?
The Popmoney personal payment service lets you send, request and receive money to or from friends, family or just about anyone, online or through your mobile device.*
The Popmoney personal payment service eliminates the inconvenience of checks and cash by allowing you to send money to virtually anyone you know or owe directly from your bank account. All you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile number. No hassles for you OR anyone else!
- Easy – use your existing bank account; there’s no need to set up a separate account
- Designed for sending and receiving money – to and from people you know; unlike competing services, it’s not for buying and selling online
- Ready when you are – send money today or schedule future and recurring payments
- Send requests – request and receive money from one person or a group
- Truly personal – give your money a more personal touch with Popmoney eGreetings
- Import your contacts from Gmail®, Yahoo!® and Hotmail® to facilitate sending and receiving money to and from people you know
Ways to use Popmoney:
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Collect rent from tenants or roommates
- Send rent to your landlord or roommates
- Request money for club dues, your sports team or a group vacation
- Pay your dog walker or lawn care service
- Get paid back for arranging an outing, like a concert or party
You can access Popmoney from your personal banking account or within bill pay by clicking on "Pay People." Popmoney can also be accessed through Sterling's mobile application under "Pay a Person."